Sunday, July 25, 2010

Off-Season Journey

Well, I am deep into off-season, and my weight has steadily increased to 194 lbs. I have no plans to compete until the end of 2011, or sometime in 2012. My training intensity is the highest it has been since I was in my mid-twenties, and my strength has increased; although, I have not been able to lift nearly as much as I could then.

During the last 10 weeks, I have been working out 5 days a week. I was working each body part twice a week with one power day of low reps and one hypertrophy day of moderate weight and reps. I was not sure confident my body could handle this much volume without over training, but my body has adjusted well and has increased muscle mass.

This week marks the beginning of a new training schedule. I will only train back, hamstrings and arms twice a week and all other body parts once a week. This change is being made to ensure my body is not over trained.

This blog will be updated on a regular basis to reflect my journey back to the bodybuilding stage.

On a personal note, we are adding a new member to our family. We are picking up a female parti-colored miniature schnauzer on Saturday to become a part of our pack. Our pack already includes two female dogs, which are a Jack Russell terrier and a salt and pepper miniature schnauzer. As you can see, I am the minority in this family since all our boys have flown the coop. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment